2012年3月4日

Kurt Cobain's Mix Tapes


Ever since I received Kurt Cobain's Journals as a gift years ago I dreamed of recreating his various mix tapes he wrote the track lists for in said Journals. This first one, titled "Sexually Transmitted Diseases in the Espresso at the Smithfield", is nearly complete. I have no idea what the hell he meant by "The Tonsil Song". Also, I could not find any verification that the Dead Boys have a song titled "Dead River Boys". He also wrote down "Smelvins - smell my finger", Kurt obviously and famously had a great sense of humor so I figured he may have meant "Creepy Smell" by the Melvins. It is from their 1989 album Ozma, released around the same time as a lot of the other songs by Northwest bands on here.

One thing to note: This is through 8tracks.com which due to copyright law HAS to shuffle the order of the songs after the first listen. You get once chance to listen to a mix tape made by Kurt as he (kind of sort of) intended....



This one is from pg.67 of Journals. Again, Kurt is cryptic here. I can not figure out that Lush has any song titled "How Does It Feel To Want" or that P.I.L. has recorded anything titled "Whatever". Perhaps he just meant that it was whatever song by P.I.L. as in, it didn't matter? Or perhaps he meant the song "memories" which features the lyric "Whatever" sort of prominently?
Also missing from this is The Necros "Blizzard of Glass".



Stay tuned as I will add more mixes to this post.

没有评论:

发表评论